Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2

This is what one of my students wrote on my board today.  We were talking about what I say and what they hear/what it means to them.  It shed some light on what goes on in kids heads, what I do say, and how sometimes, I have completely lost them.  By the way, I never say Dumb, Dumb.  We all had a good laugh, but it did make me think about how I do say things and how is sounds to them.
Last week, we had a great learning day or two.  This week as well.  It is that one incredible day every once in awhile, that makes teaching such a great job.  Plus the students.  They truly make it, every day.  

Now, Meg.   She is working hard to get fit and feel good.  It will make a difference in her life.  Go Girl!  And Manuel, he loves school (UNM)  the liberal thinking, great conversations, and his own space.  I could be the luckiest mom in the world.  What great young people.  

Quote of the day.  A mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open!  Heard it on NPR, don't you love it.  

To all, Happy Fall, enjoy the weather, and have a great rest of the week.  

1 comment:

  1. You may not say "Dumb, dumb" But you do say "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" And "Come on guys, you know this. We did this yesterday!"

    :) Love you

    ReplyDelete