Sunday, September 22, 2013


Mom, Susie and Rachel left about 30 minutes ago.  It was a very nice weekend.   While Susan and Rachel went out, Mom and I sat on the deck, had a snack tray, a couple of glasses of wine, and great conversation.  What a woman.  She has always been very independent, strong, smart, and loves to go see things, explore, and experience things.  The last couple of years, she has become less independent, sometimes more opinionated and stubborn,ss strong physically, and still open to new experiences.  The last couple of months have been really tough for her.  Her memory is off and on, mostly off, when it comes to short term.  But she laughs and says "you probably already told me that 12 times, huh."  The memory thing has been ongoing for a while, but at times, it seems better.  It is so hard for her, I know.  She know she does not remember and you can see the frustration in her face sometimes.  She is just like me, what she is feeling is written all over her face.  But for the most part, she is a happy woman.  She truly enjoys all of us.  Sometimes I feel like she is angry with me.  One time, not too long ago, she told me I make her nervous.  Not sure what I do to make her feel that way, but I wish I did not. Today was just pure pleasure, for both of us, I think.

She has taught us to be strong women, to take care of ourselves, to think, and to love.  I do not really think of her as a hugger, at least not towards me.  But she is becoming more affectionate these last couple of years.  We need to embrace every moment we can with her.  Who knows when time is up?  All of together is very stressful, for everyone.  I think it is really tough on Mom sometimes.   We have a lot of strong personalities, but we also have a love for each other.  We have to find a way to be together, truly enjoy and appreciate each other, and share with our children.  We all need to compromise and make an extra effort to be kind when we are together.  And an effort  to be together.

Well this turned into quite an entry.  Not sure how I got here.  The quote listed above is for all us to embrace.  Lets do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment